- This event has passed.
Crochet with Nancy!
July 3, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until July 17, 2019
Price includes 4mm Crochet Hook, Instructions & Yarn!
In this series of three 2hour workshops, whether you are an absolute beginner or already have some skills, right-handed or left-handed you will learn:
- The basics of crochet
- How to get started, holding the yarn and hook and make a foundation chain
- Basic stitches such as slip stitch, double crochet and treble crochet
- How to work in rows, in the round and change colours
- How to read a basic pattern, including the terminology and abbreviations (UK and US)
- How to read a basic pattern, including the terminology and abbreviations
- Increasing and decreasing stitches
- Not only will you learn a skill, it’s a great way to improve wellbeing, through helping to combat stress, depression and anxiety
- Contact the shop to book your place
Nancy graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Textile Technology and worked in industry, clothing and home furnishings, for a number of years before becoming a teacher. She has now been teaching Design and Technology for 18 years, with Textiles as her specialism.
Outside of her work she has always enjoyed creating and making. As well as knitting and crocheting with yarn, she has knitted and crocheted with wire, beaded, and painted and dyed silk. She is really excited to be sharing her passion by helping and encouraging others on their own creative journey. So, whether you’re just starting out, lack confidence or want to develop new skills she aims to offer something for everyone.