As part of a bid to reduce food waste, Bucks County Council have commissioned ‘Let’s Cook’ to provide training and support for community groups to run classes which teach skills, knowledge and confidence to cook from scratch.
Workshops will be held in Wycombe, but any groups in Buckinghamshire can apply. They’re looking for early years providers, schools, community and volunteer groups to take part.
Training, support and up to £300 in funding to run future classes will be provided. Training includes:
– Food hygiene and practical ways of ensuring safe practice
– Demonstration techniques and solutions for running successful cooking sessions
– Understanding Allergies, special dietary needs and religious requirements
– The Eatwell Guide and how to promote a healthier lifestyle
– Plenty of practical cooking and food preparation advice
A follow up day, later in 2018, will also be provided to give everyone a chance to celebrate success and share achievements.
To register your interest, please email:james.shepherd@ letscookproject.org.uk